www.aleppobio.com
   Production of organic grapes.Home | Contact |   italianoenglish
    WHO WE ARE


THE FARM

ALEPPO is a farm specialised in the production of organic grapes.
A cultivated area of 44 ha ensures a production of 1,000 t.


THE OBJECTIVES

ALEPPOís production and sales activities are carried out in accordance with the following standards:
1. food product safety
2. reduced environmental impact
3. compliance with sales plans, ensuring continuous supply of the product


THE ASSETS

ALEPPO achieves its objectives thanks to the following assets and strengths:

  • a single plot of land surrounded for 90% by bushes and neighbouring organic farms; the remaining 10% is protected with sheets; a business plan has been implemented to assess the risk of external contamination;
  • all cultivated land is sheltered in order to reduce the risk of disease or damage caused by adverse weather conditions;
  • use of groundwater sourced from an artesian well and conveyed by a consortium supervised by public authorities (waters are monitored and intended for agricultural use only);
  • warehouse of 1200 m2, divided up into: a 400 m2 cells area (an "entrance area" provided with double loading ramp, a cold storage room made up of two cells and equipped with a rapid temperature reduction system), a 600 m2 packaging area (with single loading ramp), two manufacturing lines (with air conditioning) with 36 positions, a 75 m2 area for offices and changing rooms, a 120 m2 deposit for agricultural machinery;
  • organic certification and Eurepgap certification issued by Bioagricert S.r.l.;
  • automated irrigation system for water saving;
  • photovoltaic system to reduce environmental impact (- 65000 kg of CO2).